[rudder-users] suggestion

Maxime Longuet m.longuet at itika.net
Tue Jun 9 09:03:48 CEST 2015

> Le 5 juin 2015 à 10:04, Francois Armand <francois.armand at normation.com> a écrit :
>
> On 04/06/2015 23:56, Maxime Longuet wrote:
>> I've an idea :
>>
>> I'd like if we could pause the push of the rules from the node directly on the server webapp.
>>
>> For example we have a lot of changes to make in groups and organization rules, I would say, "if a node requests the rule you give anything before I give you the go again"
>>
>> No ?
>>
>> :)
>

> Maxime, do you want to do that on a node by node basis, or for batch of modification ?
> Because we have that user story: http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/5472
>
> What do you think ?
>
> --
> <logo-newsite.gif>
> <logo-square.gif> François ARMAND
> Co-founder & CTO
> Normation
> 87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France
> Telephone:	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
> Mobile:	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55

Yes it's for all node. But for me is more that update of new policy.

Because maybe you have make a rule and a directive who break system on two or three node. And you want stop immediately applying of this rule. And correct manually on the system before repaired technique or directive on rudder.

You can say, Just disable the Rule. Ok but maybe i don't know who is the bad rule.

The same  on production line a big red Button STOP EMERGENCY :)