[rudder-users] Search Feature

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Thu Jan 22 08:55:30 CET 2015

On 19/01/2015 16:51, Maxime Longuet wrote:
> I'm don't find on webapp a filter to list node that have no group.
>
> I've several host, i put all in static group and his very difficult to know if a node on the list are no static group defined. And you can't search node by group in search node.
>
> What do you think about this ?

Hi,

There is indeed no way to search for nodes that are not in groups.

The poor man solution would be to look on the Node detail page, in the
Node Summary, you have the list of groups containing the node; so you
could use that to know if your node is in other groups than the system
groups.

Otherwise, you can query the API to get all nodes (
http://www.rudder-project.org/rudder-api-doc/#api-Nodes-listAcceptedNodes ),
then get all Groups (
http://www.rudder-project.org/rudder-api-doc/#api-Groups-listGroups ),
iterate over each of the group to get its node list.
Based on that, you can find which node is not in a group.
This is a bit more complex to implement, but less tedious in the long run

Nicolas