[rudder-users] [Release] Rudder 3.0 "Galleon" is out!

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at normation.com
Mon Feb 23 15:03:08 CET 2015

Dear Rudder community,

We are very proud to announce that we have just released a new version:
Rudder 3.0 "Galleon"

Major new features include:

  * Global redesign of Rudder web interface (menu, directive/group page
    organization, global desgin, ...)
  * More precise Rule reporting ( progress bar with different states, a
    'per Node' view ...)
  * Add a dashboard on Home page
  * Add a command line interface for Rudder-agent
  * Add RHEL/ Centos 7 Support
  * Support for systemd services system
  * Add a 'changes-only' compliance mode, with lower bandwidth usage
  * Agent run interval (and heartbeat) can be defined by nodes,
    overriding global parameter
  * Add a Relay server package
  * Possibility to add custom attributes to Nodes
  * Environment variables can used as parameters in Directives and
    Techniques
  * ncf Technique will now be added/deleted automatically from Rudder
    when adding/deleting them in ncf-builder
  * Add possibility to deprecate Techniques
  * Accept or not to send anonymous metrics to help Rudder development

The ChangeLog is available here:
http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog30

This version of Rudder is a final release. We have tested it thoroughly
and believe it to be free of any major bugs.

However, this branch is not marked "stable", since it still has to be
proven reliable on production systems over a period of several months.
The current "stable" release is 2.10.*.

As always, check out
https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/ for download
links.

We look forward to your feedback, be it comments on this list, questions
on Twitter (@RudderProject <https://twitter.com/RudderProject>) or on
IRC (#rudder <http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=rudder> on Freenode)
, bug reports or feature requests (or of course GitHub pull requests).

Wishing you a pleasant day
*Vincent Membré*
/Ingénieur R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 84 16 06 00
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 10 14 76 78