[rudder-users] Deploy applications using git with Rudder

Benoit Peccatte benoit.peccatte at normation.com
Fri Feb 20 18:53:16 CET 2015

Hello Diogo,

The best method to make a deployment technique in Rudder is to use the
embedded technique editor (ncf builder).
This will allow you to use all of these methods
http://www.ncf.io/pages/reference.html especially the command_execution
that you will call almost all the time for a deployment technique.

But since those commands should not be run all the time, you should
detect when to run them and use a class in the condition section of the
editor to run them only when needed.

You can look at the OpenSSH server example where the "Service reload"
method is called only when the "File template expand" method has changed
something.