[rudder-users] Rudder Root Service Periodic Restart

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Mon Oct 6 14:59:54 CEST 2014

On 05/10/2014 06:40, John Robert T. Mendoza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm encountering periodic restarts of the rudder root service. This results of me being dropped from my current web session and prompts me to log in again. Is this an intentional behaviour or did I misconfigure something?
>
> Thanks,

Hello,

Periodic restart are not an intentional behavior, so there seems to have
something not cool is happening.

First, perhaps the application is not really restarting. Do you see any
wainting screen ("Rudder is loading, plea wait") befor being redirected
to the login screen ?
Does the PID of the application is changing during these events ?
You can know the PID of Rudder server with command:

  $ ps aux | grep rudder | grep java

If Rudder is not restarting, perhaps the problem is on the
authentication part (for example, at some point, the server is loosing
your authentication cookie and so ask you a new authentication).

If the application is restarting, could you please tell us if there is
any errors  in the log: /var/log/rudder/webapp/xxxx_stderrout.log ?

Thanks,

*François ARMAND*
/Directeur de la R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55