[rudder-users] Accept new node

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Mon Nov 10 10:45:08 CET 2014

On 09/11/2014 16:21, Maxime Longuet wrote:
> Another question
>
> When i'm accept new node he want to apply :
>
> Rudder system policy: Server roles
>
> This is just a node why he want apply Server roles. ?
>

> This is a system group i don't see criteria of this group.
>

> Maxime

"Server roles" are information regarding what the machine does from a
Rudder point of view. Since 2.10, you can split a Rudder installation on
several different machine to help scale of manage independently
different functionnaly seperated part of Rudder: the main policy server,
the "inventory" part, the postgresql part, and relay servers.

So, that was for some context.

Now, I'm not sur about what is happening that is not expected. Do you
see errors (in the UI or in the logs) ?
We had several bugs related to that feature in the past, so perhaps you
are hitting one of them. What is you Rudder version, and do you know
from what version you upgraded the last time ?

Thanks,

*François ARMAND*
/Directeur de la R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55