[rudder-users] Agent and No answer status

Prestasit01 prestasit01 at ouest-france.fr
Thu May 22 12:44:33 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I found that some of my agents are now seen as < NEVER SEEN > in the root-server and all applicated rules on them are in status < No answer >.

It seems to be due to our mountpoint : tmpfs on /var/rudder/cfengine-community/state type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,noatime,nodiratime,size=128M,nr_inodes=2k,mode=0755)
NB : This was configured like this to reduce the i/o.

This < space > came full and the agent turn crazy.

I have a workaround, on nodes => killall -s 9 cf-agent , umount the point, remount it and restart the rudder agent

Have you got another solution ? is that still usefull to have this mountpoint ?

Thanks for the answer.

Cedric

Rudder-Root : 2.6.12
Rudder-Agent : 2.6.12

Les informations ou pieces jointes contenues dans ce message sont
confidentielles. Seul le destinataire expressement vise peut en prendre
connaissance. Toute autre personne qui en divulguera, diffusera ou prendra des copies sera passible de poursuites. La societe Ouest-France decline en outre, toute responsabilite de quelque nature que ce soit au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.