[rudder-users] User rudder to manage FreeBSD clients?

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Tue May 13 09:10:59 CEST 2014

On 09/05/2014 19:26, Russell R Poyner wrote:
> I currently use cfengine 3.5 to manage linux and FreeBSD machines with
> my own collection of cfengine scripts.
>
> I'm interested in Rudder for the ncf library, the web interface and
> the inventory.
>
> My FreeBSD/zfs fileservers work well enough with cfengine, but I'm
> wondering if ncf/inventory functions work on BSD.
>
> Thanks
> Russ Poyner

Hell Russ,

Thank you for your interest !

ncf should work on BSD; we didn't test it throughly on this platform
(there may be linux:: condition that ought to be less strict though).

However, we do not have BSD package for Rudder; but since we are based
on CFEngine and FusionInventory, and they both work on BSD. We have a
procedure to explain how to install rudder-agent on a system, without
packages ( http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/Development/AgentBuild
), based on this you could install rudder-agent on your managed systems.

Regards,
Nicolas