[rudder-users] [NEW Release] Rudder 2.10.0~beta1 is out!

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at normation.com
Fri Mar 21 19:58:02 CET 2014

Dear Rudder community,

We are very proud to announce that we have just released a new version:
Rudder 2.10.0~beta1.

*Main new features includes:*

  * ** Lots of performance and scalability improvements:
      o Promises generation is *much* faster
      o Removed unnecessary commits to database
      o Overloaded Inventory endpoint does not impact Web Interface anymore
      o Improve CFEngine server promises
      o Do not keep redundant logs
  * Configure agent run interval (from 5 minutes to 6 hours) directly
    from webapp
  * More flexibility when selecting Rule targets, you can now exclude
    some groups
  * Get all inventory datas from a node using the REST API
  * Rudder agent is now supported on AIX 5.3+

The ChangeLog is available here:
http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog210

This version of Rudder is a final release. We have tested it thoroughly
and believe it to be free of any major bugs. However, this branch is not
marked "stable", since it still has to be proven reliable on production
systems over a period of several months. The current "stable" release is
2.6.*.

As always, check out
https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/ for download
links.

We look forward to your feedback, be it comments on this list, questions
on Twitter (@RudderProject <https://twitter.com/RudderProject>) or on
IRC (#rudder <http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=rudder> on Freenode)
, bug reports or feature requests (or of course GitHub pull requests).

Wishing you a pleasant day

*Vincent Membré*
/Ingénieur R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 84 16 06 00
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 10 14 76 78