[rudder-users] Bad timestam on rudder-server-root

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Fri Mar 21 09:03:06 CET 2014

Hello Cédric,

Does the Inventory appears in the web interface (do you have details on
the inventory of the server root) ?
If not, there may be something going on, that does not appear in this log.

The inventory is sent in to step:
1- the agent generate it, and send it to a folder on the policy server
2 - the agent on the policy server runs and send all the inventories to
the Rudder endpoint, where it is processed

Do you have any error in the log
/var/log/rudder/webapp/2014_03_20.stderrout.log , around 17:35 - 17:45 ?

Best regards,
Nicolas

On 20/03/2014 18:30, Prestasit01 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got a date issue :  When i check the node details of my
> rudder-server-root (on the web interface), It's mentionned :
>
> *Rudder information*
>
> *Role: *Rudder root server
> *Inventory date:* 1969-12-31 23:00
> *Date inventory last received:* 1969-12-31 23:00
> *Date first accepted in Rudder:* 2014-02-12 14:23
>
> Rules are well applied on the root server, and the OS date seems ok :
>
> [root at SERVERPROD tmp]# date
>
> jeu. mars 20 18:17:32 CET 2014
>
> I tried to launch : /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-agent -KID
> force_inventory
>
> But there is no error (log in attachment)
>
> I tried to restart the whole server (os+soft) but it don't change
> anything.
>
> Any idea ???
>
> BR
>
> Cédric

> Les informations ou pieces jointes contenues dans ce message sont
> confidentielles. Seul le destinataire expressement vise peut en
> prendre connaissance. Toute autre personne qui en divulguera,
> diffusera ou prendra des copies sera passible de poursuites. La
> societe Ouest-France decline en outre, toute responsabilite de quelque
> nature que ce soit au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme
> ou falsifie.

Nicolas CHARLES