[rudder-users] LDAP issue

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Fri Mar 7 17:47:36 CET 2014

On 07/03/2014 17:09, Prestasit01 wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I found a solution about the migration/missing groups & categories issue.
>

> As understood : « configuration-repository / groups » folder must
> contain :
>
> -          the same number of folder than present categories /
> subcategories in the web interface
>
> -          the same number of xmls files than present groups in the
> web interface
>

> If groups folder don’t contain folders/xmls for
> categories/subcategories/groups :
>
> -          On the « source » server,   go in Utilities/Archives, click
> commit) [do not delete the groups folder in the
> « configuration-repository »  folder.]

I don't think that the "restore" part should be present here. Are you
sure it's necessary (i.e: if you DO NOT "restore groups", you don't have
the correct number of folders/xml ?
If so, that's strange and must be invistagated by us.

> -          If deployment status is : Success => Check the number of
> folders/xmls files in « configuration-repository /groups »  folder
>

> Then follow the migration process :
>
> -          Stop rudder-server-root service on each server (source &
> target)
>
> -          Tar this folder : « configuration-repository »
>
> -          Transfer the tar on the target
>
> -          Untar it on the target
>
> -          Restart the rudder-server-root service on each server
> (source & target)
>
> -          On the target server : Reload techniques & Restore
> everything from the latest git commit
>

> Finally every groups/categories/subcategories will be present !
>

> BR !
>

> Cédric
>

> PS : It resolve the issue but don’t answer to my question : why
> folders/xml were not present on the « configuration-repository  /
> groups » folder  of the source server (the server on which i have
> manually created groups / categories) ?

I can't answer that. There is clearly something that does not go as it
should, but we are not able to identify what for now.

*François ARMAND*
/Directeur de la R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55