[rudder-users] Node auto disable

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Tue Jun 10 23:35:16 CEST 2014

Le 10/06/2014 12:24, Benoit a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for your answer,

>> cf-agent -Kf failsafe.cf
>>
> I have already tried this command; the result is:
> root at sup:~#  cf-agent -KIf failsafe.cf
> 2014-06-10T12:20:58+0200    error: Warning promised, need to create
> file '/var/rudder/cfengine-community/last_successful_inputs_update'
> root at sup:~# cf-agent -vKIf failsafe.cf
> 2014-06-10T12:21:01+0200    error: Warning promised, need to create
> file '/var/rudder/cfengine-community/last_successful_inputs_update'

For the records, discussion have followed on IRC.
It revealed a pretty impacting bug, on branches 2.9 and 2.10, touching
latest release and nightlies
The bug reference is http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/4992 ,
and an error in the initial promises prevent them from effectively
downloading the promises from the Rudder Server

It impacts only new nodes, using latest 2.9.5 and 2.10.1, and the
workaround is to execute the command
/var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-agent -Kf failsafe.cf -Dfailsafe
Or you can install new nodes with version 2.9.4 or 2.10.0, accept them
in the Rudder server, and then update the packages

Package are being built right now with fixes, so the nightly should fix
the issue, and a new release with the fix should arrive soon.

We are really sorry about the inconvenience,
Nicolas