[rudder-users] Recommended platform

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Fri Jan 17 12:33:27 CET 2014

Hi Fernando,

On 17/01/14 11:18, Fernando Sancho Glez-Calero wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm new to rudder. I am planning a test deploy to evaluate rudder in
> my job.

Awesome! Welcome :)

> I am looking for recommended platform but i didn't find any suggestions.
>
> Our standard linux server is CentOS/Oracle Linux, but we haven't any
> problem to install Debian or Ubuntu if it is reported to run better.
>
> So, is there any recommendation for root server?

We support running a root server on Debian 6, Debian 7, RHEL/CentOS 6,
SLES 11, Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 12.10.

I do recommend using RHEL/CentOS 6 or Debian 7 over the others, as we
run more tests on these systems than the others.

Given that CentOS is your standard Linux server, I recommend sticking
with this.

Jonathan