[rudder-users] dmidecode dependency

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Tue Feb 18 13:58:04 CET 2014

On 18/02/2014 03:47, Chris wrote:
> Is there a way to work around nodes on which dmidecode doesn't work
> properly?  It seems that bits required in the inventory files sent to
> the policy host are missing when dmidecode doesn't work like on some
> virtual machines.  This means that the nodes never show up because
> they are skipped when processing the new inventories.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Hello Chris,

It might be possible, but it depends on which part are missing. We were
supposed to handle all the possible issues with Virtual Machines, but it
appears we missed some.

Could you send us an inventory that isn't accepted? You can find them in
the following folder
/var/rudder/inventories/failed

Note: you may want to anonymize them, bit replacing ip addresses,
hostname and CFEngine public key within

Best regards
Nicolas