[rudder-users] update Rudder

Matthieu CERDA matthieu.cerda at normation.com
Tue Apr 29 10:34:26 CEST 2014

Le 25/04/2014 22:23, diogo at diogoleal.com a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm updating the Rudder Server, version 2.6.10 -> 2.6.12 and during the upgrade Postgresql he is asking me for a password.
>
> I put the password is in /opt/rudder/etc/rudder-web.properties but, gives authentication error
>
> Does anyone know where I get this password?
>

> Installing new version of config file /etc/rsyslog.d/rudder.conf ...
> rsyslog stop/waiting
> rsyslog start/running, process 14500
> Waiting postgresql to be up
> Password:
> su: Authentication failure
> .Password:

Hello diogo,

The line causing this is likely this one, in rudder-reports post
installation script:
"while ! su - postgres -c "psql -q --output /dev/null -c \"SELECT
COUNT(*) FROM pg_catalog.pg_authid\"" >/dev/null 2>&1"

Can you please tell me:

  * Are you running the upgrade as root ? (Command: whoami, should
    return "root")
  * Is the user "postgres" present on your system ? (Command: "getent
    passwd postgres", should return a line describing the user postgres)
  * Do you have any restrictions defined to use su ?

Thanks in advance,
--
Matthieu CERDA