[rudder-users] Rudder 2.8.0~rc1 available

Matthieu CERDA matthieu.cerda at normation.com
Tue Oct 29 12:50:42 CET 2013

Le 25/10/2013 22:27, Matthieu CERDA a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> We are proud to announce the availability of a new version of Rudder:
> 2.8.0~rc1.
>
> The ChangeLog is available here:
> http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog28
>
> This software is in "release candidate" status and contains multiple
> bug fixes on the new features introduced in the first public beta
> version (2.8.0~beta1). If no major bugs are found, a "final" release
> of 2.8.0 will be released by the end of October.
>
> We have tested this version and believe it to be free of any critical
> bugs, however, the use on production systems is not encouraged at this
> time and is at your own risk. We do encourage testing, and welcome all
> and any feedback!
>
> As always, check out
> http://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/ for download
> links.
>
> We are impatient to hear your feedback, be it comments on this list,
> questions on Twitter (https://twitter.com/RudderProject), bug reports
> or feature requests (or of course GitHub pull requests).
>
> Have a good day!

Hello dear Rudder users,

We have just noticed that a bug crept in to the first 2.8.0 Release
Candidate, that prevents cf-agent from working properly due to a failing
inventory Technique (see http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/4111).

Fortunately there is an easy workaround for those wanting to test
2.8.0~rc1, just do the following after installing:

=> On a Rudder server, please run these commands as root:
sed -i "s%isfile(%fileexists(%"
/var/rudder/configuration-repository/techniques/system/inventory/1.0/fusionAgent.st
cd /var/rudder/configuration-repository/ && git commit -m "RUDDER: Fix
the fusionAgent.st inventory Technique fileexists definition"
curl -s http://localhost:8080/rudder/api/techniqueLibrary/reload

=> On a Rudder agent, please run these commands as root:
sed -i "s%isfile(%fileexists(%"
/opt/rudder/share/initial-promises/inventory/1.0/fusionAgent.cf
rsync --delete -av /opt/rudder/share/initial-promises/
/var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/

Of course this bug is already fixed in git and the nightly builds, and
will not be present in the final 2.8.0 version. Thanks for your patience
and kind understanding!

Regards,
--
Matthieu CERDA