[rudder-users] [HELP] Job scheduler failed

Matthieu CERDA matthieu.cerda at normation.com
Thu Oct 24 11:31:42 CEST 2013

Le 24/10/2013 10:35, Mikaël Mantel a écrit :
> Hello guys !
>
> I have a rule with a directive job_scheduler.
>
> The respond of agent is "Error" and the output of  "cf-agent -KIb
> job_scheduler" is :
>
>  >> Using command line specified bundlesequence
> R:
> @@jobScheduler@@result_error@@bd73b4fb-2714-4433-84ce-57c569c5e2d4@@fcd6d6de-be25-4ada-989c-d1ad20758f1a@@4@@Job@@touch
>
> /root/ok2@@2013-10-18
> 16:25:45+02:00##7e6a9aac-7b48-4ea3-84ed-526211a660e6@#Job failed on last
> completed execution (touch /root/ok2)
> R:
> @@jobScheduler@@log_info@@bd73b4fb-2714-4433-84ce-57c569c5e2d4@@fcd6d6de-be25-4ada-989c-d1ad20758f1a@@4@@Job@@touch
>
> /root/ok2@@2013-10-18
> 16:25:45+02:00##7e6a9aac-7b48-4ea3-84ed-526211a660e6@#The command will
> be run at a random time after 16:00 on this node (touch /root/ok2)
>
> Why ?
>
> And is it possible to execute commands every 5 mins (with return codes) ?
>
> Thanks a Lot

Hello Mikaël,

The error you see here means that the last execution of the command
"touch /root/ok2" failed,
because the command to be executed has to be an absolute path.
(CFEngine, for security reasons,
does not follow the system PATH).

The command you would want to execute is: "/bin/touch /root/ok2"

The second report means that the command, on this machine, will be
executed every day after 16:00 with
a randomized time specific to this machine. The goal is to balance the
load of executing the same command
on a whole IT infrastructure, like a backup job.

About the possibility to run a command every 5 minutes with return code
handling, we currently do not have
a Technique to do this as running a command every 5 minutes is not
really the Rudder way (which is to
lead the machine towards convergeance, which means that the ideal state
on a machine if converged is to do
nothing but check that everything is right).

However, there might be some alternatives for your specific case, can
you please explain why do you need to do
this, especially with return code handling ?

Regards,
--
Matthieu CERDA