[rudder-users] Unable to add a node

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at normation.com
Mon Oct 21 16:28:29 CEST 2013

Le 21/10/2013 16:19, Olivier Desport a écrit :
> I try to add a node which was deleted from the server and reinstalled
> with the same hostname. The node never appears in the pending ones.
> Here are the logs on the server:
>
> [2013-10-21 16:00:54] INFO
> com.normation.inventory.provisioning.endpoint.FusionReportEndpoint -
> New input report: 'node5-2013-10-21-14-38-42.ocs'
> [2013-10-21 16:00:54] ERROR
> com.normation.inventory.provisioning.endpoint.FusionReportEndpoint -
> Error when trying to parse report:
> Can't parse the input report, aborting
> cause: Error when post processing report with
> 'post_process_inventory:check_consistency', abort
> cause: The UUID '# The content of this file should be replaced with a
> valid U' is not valid. It should be lesser than 50 chars and contains
> chars among the set [a-zA-Z0-9\-])
>
> [2013-10-21 16:05:12] INFO  net.liftweb.http.SessionMaster - Session
> uqacxht9g1kl2tnfc7mwk1sz expired
>

> Should I clean some files on the server ?

Hello Olivier,

The problems seems to come from the node.

There is an error with the value of the UUID used by your node. either
the value is missing or not valid.

What is the content /opt/rudder/etc/uuid.hive on your node?

Which version of the agent is deployed?

Cheers
*Vincent Membré*
/Ingénieur R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 84 16 06 00
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 10 14 76 78