[rudder-users] Unable to add the same node

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at normation.com
Fri Mar 1 09:59:57 CET 2013

Hello Olivier,

Le 01/03/2013 09:41, Olivier Desport a écrit :

> Le 01/03/2013 09:08, Jonathan Clarke a écrit :

>>> I've launched this command several times but there is still no
>>> pending node.
>>
>> Ah, that's funny. To clarify, this command should be run on the node,
>> not on the server. Is that what you tried?
>>
>> If that still does not work, try resetting the node's promises, by
>> running these commands (again, on the node, not on the server):
>> http://www.rudder-project.org/rudder-doc-2.4/rudder-doc.html#_reinitialize_policies_for_a_node
> It worked for one node but failed for the second one :
>
> INFO
> com.normation.inventory.provisioning.endpoint.FusionReportEndpoint -
> New input report: 'node-1-2013-02-28-14-14-07.ocs'
> [2013-03-01 09:37:27] ERROR
> com.normation.inventory.provisioning.endpoint.FusionReportEndpoint -
> Error when trying to parse report:
> Can't parse the input report, aborting
> cause: Cannot parse uploaded file as an XML Fusion Inventory report
>
> [2013-03-01 09:37:27] ERROR
> com.normation.inventory.provisioning.endpoint.FusionReportEndpoint -
> Exception was:
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and
> end within the same entity.
>     at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
> ~[na:1.6.0_26]

Really strange error for an inventory. Can't imagine why it happens

Please, can you send us the inventory that does not work properly?

You'll find it in /var/rudder/inventories/received (maybe in another
subdirectory of inventories)

You can change some of the datas inside if you want to, we only need the
format of the inventory.

Vincent