[rudder-users] REFUSAL of request / rules status in no answer

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Fri Jul 12 12:17:43 CEST 2013

On 12/07/2013 12:06, Prestasit01 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got one issue with one node (CentOS release 5.5 +
> rudder-agent-2.6.2.release-1.EL.5)
>
> Flows between node and server seems to be ok (telnet tested)
>
> The node is well inventoried on the root-server but all rules are in
> « no answer » status
>
> I got this message in /var/log/messages (on the root server) :
>
> Jul 12 11:42:14 myrudderserver cf-serverd[19799]:  REFUSAL of request
> from connecting host: (SYNCH 1373622422 STAT
> /var/rudder/share/405b59b6-7e54-4d22-9b1b-e6137d17497a/rules/cfengine-community/rudder_promises_generated)
>
> For information, this node has been refused by me the first time, the
> agent has been reinstalled and then i have accepted the node on the
> root-server.
>
> ( NB : /opt/rudder & /var/rudder were destroyed before the reinstall
> of the agent)
>
> I hope you will have the answer J
>
> Regards
>
> C .JARDIN

Hi Cédric,

 From the message on the agent, it seems it cannot get its promise files
from the server.
Could you check that on the Rudder server the folder
/var/rudder/share/405b59b6-7e54-4d22-9b1b-e6137d17497a/rules/cfengine-community
exists ?

Could you also check that in the web interface, if you search for
405b59b6-7e54-4d22-9b1b-e6137d17497a in the web interface, does it
refers to you Centos machine ?

Finally, there are also two typical issues that may cause this :
- Large clock skew between systems : are the time on both the client and
the server (roughly) the same ?
- A DNS problem (that's the most comon issue). Can you, from the server,
ping the client by referencing it by its hostname

Does it help ?
Nicolas