[rudder-users] evolution ??

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Tue Feb 12 16:50:53 CET 2013

On 12/02/13 16:34, Francois Armand wrote:
> Le 12/02/2013 15:43, Le Haies Cyrille a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just a question, itis planned the establishment of rules to trigger
>> one at any given time?
>>

>> Cyrille
>>

> We are working on two ways of allowing to create/disable/enable Rules
> at a given time:
>
>   * adding a REST API for Rules, so that these actions can be scripted
>     (and so easely triggered with cron, for example)
>   * adding a workflow to manage modification, so that if someone
>     enable a Rule, the workflow is triggered, and we want to allow
>     workflow step like "auto accept modification at 02:00 on Saterday"
>
> Is it that kind of things you are looking for ?

Cyrille, on reading your email, I'm wondering if you were asking about
"one-shot" operations instead? If so, that's also something we're
thinking about, but have no concrete plans to implement that in the next
version.

Do you have thoughts on the subject? I'd love to hear them.

Jon
*Jonathan CLARKE*
/CTO - Directeur technique/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 41 24
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 99 60 03 10