[rudder-users] permlist in readfile to max limit 4000

Matthieu CERDA matthieu.cerda at normation.com
Tue Feb 12 14:31:54 CET 2013

Le 12/02/2013 14:27, Matthieu CERDA a écrit :
> Hello again,
>
> The bug you reported is now corrected in the 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 versions
> of Rudder, in the version 1.0 and 1.1 of the filePermissions Technique
> (Actually, it means it is corrected everywhere in the code repositories).
>
> A new bake of nighlies for the rudder-techniques package has been
> launched to address this bug, which have been completed just now.
>
> You can get them now to correct this issue, using the following URLs,
> depending on your operating system version:
>
>   * For Debian based OSes, use this one:
>     http://www.rudder-project.org/apt-nightly/pool/main/r/rudder-techniques/
>       o The OS flavor compatible with one package is specified as a
>         codename in the package file name. You can find yours in
>         either /etc/apt/sources.list or using the "lsb_release -a"
>         command.
>   * For RPM based OSes, use this one:
>     http://www.rudder-project.org/rpm-nightly/<OS VERSION>/noarch/
>       o The OS flavor compatible with one package is specified by the
>         directory it is in: the names should be self explanatory
>         (RHEL_6 for example)
>

> The package you will want to update is rudder-techniques, just
> download the appropriate version for your OS, and install it using
> dpkg or rpm:
>
>   * dpkg -i <package>.deb for Debian/Ubuntu
>   * rpm -Uhv <package>.rpm for RPM based OSes
>
> So. after the package has been installed, you will want to update you
> technique tree, as only the system techniques are updated
> automatically to prevent user editions from beeing overwritten.
>
> The Technique you want to upgrade is filePermissions, in case you want
> to completely replace your existing instances, just do this:
>
> cd /var/rudder/configuration-repository/techniques/techniques/fileConfiguration/fileSecurity/filesPermissions
> rsync -av /opt/rudder/share/techniques/fileConfiguration/fileSecurity/filesPermissions/ ./
> git add .
> git commit -m "Manual update of the filePermissions Technique to correct a permlist file loading error"
>
> You then have to go in the Rudder web application and click "Reload"
> in the "Administration -> Policy Server" part.
>
> And... Rudder will automatically regenerate the promises and this bug
> should not bother you again !
>
> Please, tell us if you have any trouble while updating !
>
> Have a nice day,

Note: The URLs I gave were for the 2.4 nightlies, if you are using the
2.5 ones here are the right URLs:

  * RPM systems: http://www.rudder-project.org/rpm-2.5-nightly/
  * Debian / Ubuntu ones: http://www.rudder-project.org/apt-2.5-nightly/

*Matthieu CERDA*
/Administrateur - Systèmes et Réseaux/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 84 16 06 01