[rudder-users] rudder-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 7

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Mon Dec 23 14:55:57 CET 2013

On 23/12/2013 14:43, Mikaël Mantel wrote:
> Le 23/12/2013 14:18, Mikaël Mantel a écrit :

>>> Hi Matthieu,
>>>
>>> The relay machine is a openvz container, and /var/rudder is mounted
>>> with simfs filesystem.
>>>
>>> I will try with a virtual machine when i have time.
>>>
>>> Thank you for your light
>>
>> Hi !
>>
>> When i modify the rights on /opt/rudder/etc/htpasswd-webdav-initial,
>> the error in /var/log/rudder/apache2/error.log disapear.
>>

>> But on the relay machine, in syslog, i have :
>> Not allowing connection from non-authorized IP '172.16.8.193'
>>
>> This is the Node Ip.
>>
>> i have configured the Allowed networks (172.16.8.192/26) for policy
>> server relay on the web interface -> Administration.
>>
>> Where is the configuration file who is read by cf-serverd when the
>> node want to communicate ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mikaël Mantel
> EDIT :
>
> i add the network 172.16.8.192/26 in
> /var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/cf-served.cf and the
> relay machine respond to the node.
>
> But i have a error again in cf-agent -KI :
>
> Bad protocol reply 'BAD: key could not be accepted on trust
>
> My  /var/rudder/cfengine-community/policy_server.dat contain the relay
> ip. It's Right ?
>
> Regards,

On which machine do you have this error ? The relay ? or the node ?
The node should have its
/var/rudder/cfengine-community/policy_server.dat contain the relay server IP
The relay server should have the policy server IP address in this file

And it seems that the promises are not updated correctly on your relay,
if you had to manually update the network. Are you sure you changed the
allowed network for the relay on the webapp ?

Regards,
Nicolas