[rudder-users] CPU load on the server

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Wed Apr 17 15:04:01 CEST 2013

On 17/04/2013 14:49, Olivier Desport wrote:

> Le 17/04/2013 14:30, Nicolas Charles a écrit :
>> On 17/04/2013 14:24, Olivier Desport wrote:
>>>

>>> The command still runs and the outup hangs on this last line.
>>
>> Do you have free space left on the /var partition ?
>
> Yes, several Gb.
>
>> If you run the command
>> ls -hl /var/rudder/cfengine-community/state
>>
>> do you have any surprisingly large file ? Like a cf_lock.db over 50
>> MB ? If so, you can safely remove this file, and check if the agent
>> behaves better.
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
> You're right. The size of cf_lock.db was 307Mb ! I removed this file
> and restarted rudder-server-root. Now the behaviour of cf-agent is
> correct.
> Do I have to periodically suppress this file or can Rudder clean it ?

We have a mechanism on the clients to clean it when it gets corrupted,
but I think we may have overlooked the server has it's much more uncommon :/
Did you stop the server ungracefully, or killed -9 cf-agent ?

I've created this ticket to track the correction of this bug
http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/3481

Regards,
Nicolas