[rudder-users] [RELEASE] Rudder 2.6.0~beta1 available!

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Sat Apr 13 01:19:22 CEST 2013

Hey folks,

We are proud to announce the availability of a new version of Rudder: 2.6.0~beta1.

This software is in beta status and contains a lots of new features. We have tested it and believe it to be free of any critical bugs. The use on production systems is not encouraged at this time and is at your own risk. However, we do encourage testing, and welcome all and any feedback!

==== Changes ====

*** Agent ***

    Upgrade CFEngine to 3.4.x ( #2519)
    Make Rudder agent update its promises only if rudder_promises_generated file is not up to date in order to save resources ( #3426, #3429)

*** Core ***

    Update to Scala 2.10.1 ( #3229 #3354) and Lift 2.5-rc2 ( #3355)
    Automatically escape quotes in directives ( #2947)

*** UI ***

    Add validation workflows for configuration related change request ( #3231)
    Be able to have hideable sections in the Directive display ( #3290)
    Add a password hashing input field type in Directive ( #3282)
    Add a page listing all nodes accepted in Rudder ( #3303)
    Added separate columns for OS type, name, version, service pack, and last report received in the search node tool ( #3296)
    Have a group containing all nodes ( #3273)
    Improve directive management display ( #2950)
    Rudder 2.6 logo ( #3408)
    Inform user that Javascript must be enabled to use Rudder ( #3184)

*** System integration ***

    Log information about registered properties when Rudder starts ( #3357)

We are impatient to hear your feedback, be it comments on this list, questions on Twitter, bug reports or feature requests (or of course GitHub pull requests).

See also this announcement online:
* Changelog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog26
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/RudderProject