[rudder-users] Problem with install on Debian Wheezy

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Wed Oct 10 08:59:41 CEST 2012

On 10/10/12 04:53, Jean Rémond wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Jean Rémond <remond.jean at gmail.com
> <mailto:remond.jean at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I know it is not a priority since wheezy is not stable yet but I
>     have the following error when trying to install the rudder server
>     on wheezy (fresh install) :
>     ~ -> apt-get install rudder-server-root
>     Reading package lists... Done
>     Building dependency tree
>     Reading state information... Done
>     Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>     requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>     distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>     or been moved out of Incoming.
>     The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>
>     The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>      rudder-server-root : Depends: rudder-webapp (=
>     2.4.0~beta4-squeeze0) but it is not going to be installed
>                           Depends: rudder-agent (=
>     2.4.0~beta4-squeeze0) but it is not going to be installed
>     E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>
>     ~ -> cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rudder.list
>     deb http://www.rudder-project.org/apt-2.4/ squeeze main contrib
>     non-free
>
>     By the way, contrib and non-free are useless for rudder repository :-)
>

>     Jean
>

> A quick look to dependencies tree suggests that libssl might be the
> problem.

Thanks for the info. We don't currently build any packages on a wheezy
system, so we'll start by just trying a build with that version - debian
package magic might just make it work :)

If it works, nightly builds should be available shortly, we'll let you
know here on this mailing list.

Jonathan
*Jonathan CLARKE*
/CTO - Directeur technique/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 41 24
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 99 60 03 10