[rudder-users] order of application

Khalid Farrahe khalid.farrahe at educagri.fr
Fri Oct 5 15:29:09 CEST 2012

Hello rudder community,

I can not deploy a rules, i have always no answer

Hier are the details

Rudder is insttaled in debian squeeze,

Rudder version (server&client is 2.4)

Hier is server message:

# /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-serverd --no-fork -vcf3> Cfengine
- autonomous configuration engine - commence self-diagnostic prelude
cf3>
cf3> Work directory is /var/rudder/cfengine-community
cf3> Making sure that locks are private...
cf3> Checking integrity of the state database
cf3> Checking integrity of the module directory
cf3> Checking integrity of the PKI directory
cf3> Looking for a source of entropy in
/var/rudder/cfengine-community/randseed
cf3>  -> Loaded private key
/var/rudder/cfengine-community/ppkeys/localhost.priv
cf3>  -> Loaded public key
/var/rudder/cfengine-community/ppkeys/localhost.pub
cf3> Setting cfengine default port to 5308 = 5308
cf3> Reference time set to Fri Oct  5 15:24:54 2012
cf3> CFEngine Core 3.2.4
cf3>
cf3> Host name is: rudder
cf3> Operating System Type is linux
cf3> Operating System Release is 2.6.32-5-amd64
cf3> Architecture = x86_64
cf3> Using internal soft-class linux for host rudder
cf3> The time is now Fri Oct  5 15:24:54 2012
cf3>
cf3> # Extended system discovery is only available in version Nova and
above
cf3> Additional hard class defined as: 64_bit
cf3> Additional hard class defined as: linux_2_6_32_5_amd64
cf3> Additional hard class defined as: linux_x86_64
cf3> Additional hard class defined as: linux_x86_64_2_6_32_5_amd64
cf3> GNU autoconf class from compile time: compiled_on_linux_gnu
cf3> Address given by nameserver: 172.16.20.52
cf3> Interface 1: lo
cf3> Interface 2: eth0
cf3> Adding alias rudder..
cf3> Trying to locate my IPv6 address
cf3> Looking for environment from cf-monitord...
cf3> Unable to detect environment from cf-monitord
cf3> This appears to be a debian system.
cf3> Looking for Debian version...
cf3> This appears to be a Debian 6.0 system.
cf3> This system seems to have the aptitude package system
cf3> ***********************************************************
cf3>  Loading persistent classes
cf3> ***********************************************************
cf3>  Persistent class site_ok for 1 more minutes
cf3>  Adding persistent class site_ok to heap
cf3> ***********************************************************
cf3>  Loaded persistent memory
cf3> ***********************************************************
cf3>  -> Found a policy server (hub) on 127.0.0.1
cf3>  -> Policy is already validated
cf3>   > Parsing file /var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/promises.cf
cf3> Initiate variable convergence...
cf3>  -> Checking common class promises...
cf3>  ?> defining additional global class policy_server
cf3>  ?> defining additional global class root_server
cf3>  -> Checking common class promises...
rudder>   > Parsing file
/var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/cf-served.cf
rudder> Initiate variable convergence...
rudder>  -> Checking common class promises...
rudder>  -> Checking common class promises...
rudder> Unable to lookup hostname (lxldapagricollt1.eduter.local) or
cfengine service: Name or service not known
rudder> Unable to lookup hostname (lxldaptest) or cfengine service: Name
or service not known

And Rudder agent:

 !! Duplicate selection of value for variable "execRun" in scope g
 !! Rule from /var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/site.cf
at/before line 58
Unable to lookup hostname (%%POLICY_SERVER_HOSTNAME%%) or cfengine
[...]
Password prompt: ENTER

psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 405
 !! Duplicate selection of value for variable "execRun" in scope g
 !! Rule from /var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/site.cf
at/before line 58
Unable to lookup hostname (%%POLICY_SERVER_HOSTNAME%%) or cfengine
service: Name or service not known
Unable to lookup hostname (%%POLICY_SERVER_HOSTNAME%%) or cfengine
service: Name or service not known
 >> Using command line specified bundlesequence
 !! Error connecting to server (timeout)
 !!! System error for connect: "Operation now in progress"
 !! No server is responding on this port
Unable to establish connection with 172.16.20.52
 -> No suitable server responded to hail
Promise (version not specified) belongs to bundle 'update' in file
'/var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/update.cf' near line 88
 !! Error connecting to server (timeout)
 !!! System error for connect: "Operation now in progress"
 !! No server is responding on this port
Unable to establish connection with 172.16.20.52
 -> No suitable server responded to hail
Promise (version not specified) belongs to bundle 'update' in file
'/var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/update.cf' near line 95
R:
@@Common@@result_error@@hasPolicyServer-root@@common-root@@00@@Update@@None@@2012-10-05
15:28:03+02:00##e01fdc2b-1a66-43e0-a9ea-5b27ebd442e2@#Cannot update node's
policy (CFEngine promises)
R: @@Common@@result_error@@hasPolicyServer-r

>Hello Khalid,
>
>Please be aware that you are posting on a public mailing list where the
>spoken language is English, then you have to write in English.
>
>Besides, you're problem is not related to this thread so a new thread
>will be more suitable. Could you open a new thread, please ?
>
>We need more information to help you. Could you be more precise ?
>What is your OS ? What was the version of Rudder installed before ?
>Rudder 2.3.8 ? What is the version installed now ? Rudder 2.4.0.beta4  ?
>You can check the version by using these commands:
>
>  • On debian:
>  • apt-cache search -i -f rudder | grep -A 1 "Package: "
>

>On SuSE:
>
>	    zypper search -is rudder
>

>On RHEL/CentOS:
>
>	    yum list installed | grep rudder
>

>Are the same versions of Rudder installed on the node and server ?
>
>>  • Is your node already accepted from Rudder ?
>
>>  • Is the IP of the node corresponding to the accepted network defined
>    in Rudder (Administration => Policy Server) ?
>
>>  • Could you run on the server cf-server into verbose mode, on the
>    agent run cf-agent and post us the output ?
>  • On the server:
>
>  • pkill -f /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-serverd
>

>  • /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-serverd --no-fork -v
>

>  • On the node:
>
>  • /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-agent -IK -b update
>

>Thanks for your report !
>

>--
>Nicolas PERRON
>Normation