[rudder-users] enforce file content

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Thu May 31 12:02:51 CEST 2012

On 31/05/2012 11:43, Linder, Michael wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I have got a strange behavior when I try to set two rules for "Enforce a file content", the server returns an error "configuration rule not applied at 2012-05-31 11:37". I click on details see below the informations:
> 	- Deployment error for process '30' at DATE
> 	- cannot write configuration node
> 	- error when preparing rules for agents
> 	- the generated promises are invalid
>
> I will try to find why this issue is arriving but if you have any idea could you please give some feedbacks?
>
> Best regards,
> Michael Linder.
Hi Michael,

The configuration rules are transformed by Rudder into CFEngine
promises. During the deployment part, there is a check on the syntax of
the generated promises, with cf-promises. When the message contains "the
generated promises are invalid", it means cf-promises complained about
the generated promises.

The reasons can be :
- Improper escaping of quotes : if you use " in your entries, you have
to escape them with : \"
- Apply on the same node two Policy Instance based on different version
of the same Policy Template (for instance, on Policy Instance based on
template version 1, and one based on template version 1.1).

I hope it will help

Best regards,
Nicolas