[rudder-users] Versioning policies described on the web site

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Wed Jul 18 19:11:18 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I've just written out as clearly as I could the versioning policy
(version numbers, major vs minor releases, stable branches, maintenance
periods...) on the rudder-project.org website.

This information is stuff we've pretty much been commited to as far as I
can recall, but I think it's important that it's publicly announced, and
in a clear way. I would appreciate any feedback on this (ranging from
"duh, you made a typo" to "woah, 6 months?!").

Check it out here:
http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/FAQ/WebHome#About_the_Rudder_project

Thanks for your answers!
Jonathan