[rudder-users] rudder-agent with newer version of server

Michael Gliwinski Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com
Thu Jul 5 11:30:17 CEST 2012

On Thursday 05 Jul 2012 10:12:47 Nicolas Charles wrote:
> On 05/07/2012 11:08, Michael Gliwinski wrote:
> > Just a quick question.  Should it be OK to use rudder-agent 2.3.6 for EL5
> > on an EL6 server connecting to rudder server 2.4.0 alpha7?
> >
> Yes, there is nothing preventing you from using an agent 2.3 with the
> server 2.4. However, you might want to wait a few hours (or until
> tomorrow if we are poissed with bad luck), for we are releasing the
> 2.4.0 beta1 very soon !

Great to hear that Nicolas, I'm just doing test runs today, so I might still
give it a try with 2.3 in the meantime, but I'll be watching for updates.

Would you be updating the 2.4 repo with the new agent packages (at
http://www.rudder-project.org/rpm-2.4/RHEL_6/)?

--
Michael Gliwinski
Henderson Group Information Services

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12