[rudder-users] Create new policy template

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Tue Feb 21 21:46:33 CET 2012

Matthieu CERDA <matthieu.cerda at normation.com> a écrit :

>No, I think you are totally right about having a documentation about
>the creation of a policy template from scratch.
>
>Next week, we will start a "sanitization" cycle in order to test Rudder
>very thoroughly, and during this cycle we will of course improve the
>documentation as well. It is a good idea to integrate your idea in this
>cycle.
>
>JCL, what do you think about this ?

Sure, we should definitely work on this - I'm thinking a dedicated tutorial to write a policy template from the start would be good.

For what it's worth, there is some reference documentation on the wiki about the policy.xml file and reporting. It covers pretty much all the technical stuff, though it's lacking explanations and something to glue it all together.

Jean, if you do have ideas for policy templates to implement, please do submit them as tickets in Redmine. We may implement some, or if you do so yourself, then you'll have a ticket to attach the patch to (if you choose to contribute it of course).

Also, if you're in a hurry, please note that Normation sells services to implement policy templates :-)

Jonathan