[rudder-users] Rudder 2.4.0 available!

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Fri Dec 14 12:15:28 CET 2012

We are proud to announce the availability of new version of Rudder: 2.4.0.

This version of Rudder in stable status. It has been thoroughly tests
for stability to be highly reliable, and is already in use on several
production platforms. We recommend that all users upgrade to this
version as soon as possible. Rudder 2.3 will continue to receive
security corrections and bug fixes for 6 months, that is until 14th June
2013.

As always, check out
http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/Download/WebHome for
download links.

It contains the following list of bug fixes and changes compared to
2.4.0~rc2 :

===== Bug fixes =====

*** Agent ***

    Prevent aptitude "autoremove" feature from removing packages not
explicitly requested (Debian and Ubuntu only) (#2949)

*** System integration ***

    Fix disturbing output during migration to 2.4.0~rc2 when LDAP needs
to be reindexed or when the file logback.xml doesn't need to be upgraded
(#3075)

*** Techniques ***

    Technique "OpenSSH Server": Fix 'Unknown' state in the compliance
about the SSH process when changing a parameter (#2873)

We are impatient to hear your feedback, be it comments on this list,
questions on Twitter, bug reports or feature requests (or of course
GitHub pull requests :) ).

See also this announcement online:
* Changelog:
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/RudderProject