[rudder-users] Documentation

Jean Rémond remond.jean at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:45:59 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Jonathan CLARKE
<jonathan.clarke at normation.com> wrote:
> On 25/10/11 18:50, Nicolas Perron wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Some errors I've found :
> http://www.rudder-project.org/rudder-doc/rudder-doc.html#_install_rudder_root_server_on_debian
> Section 2.2.3
>     root at rudder-server:~# echo 'deb
> http://www.rudder-project.org/packages/apt/ squeeze main contrib
> non-free'>>  /etc/apt/sources.list
> should be
>     root at rudder-server:~# echo 'deb
> http://www.rudder-project.org/apt-2.3/ squeeze main contrib non-free'
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> A better approach (IMHO) would be
>     root at rudder-server:~# echo 'deb
> http://www.rudder-project.org/apt-2.3/ squeeze main contrib non-free'
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rudder.list
>
> Thanks for the reports. We have just corrected the documentation and we take
> into account your suggestion.
>
> By the way, just for the record, the sources for the documentation are also
> open source, see https://github.com/Normation/rudder-doc.
>
> Patches are very welcome, including GitHub "pull requests", or simply
> attached to an issue on the bugtracker
> (http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/projects/rudder). Of course, if you
> don't have time / don't want to, comments like above are fine too :-)
>
> Jonathan

I will try to send patches as soon as I have more time.
Another error on this page
http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/Download/WebHome
echo 'deb http://www.rudder-project.org/apt-2.3/ squeeze main contrib
non-free' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rudder.list
is correct for Debian but not for Ubuntu

echo 'deb http://www.rudder-project.org/apt-2.3/ lucid main universe
multiverse restricted' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rudder.list
is correct for Ubuntu

"1.2. RPM-based Linux distribution" should be "SLES Linux
distribution" since Redhat/CentOS/Fedora/Mandriva packages are not
available for the server part

Can you (in the future) provide a tarball with the same version as the
rpm/deb packages ?

Jean