[rudder-users] How to manage rudder server

Jonathan CLARKE jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Wed Nov 2 00:23:06 CET 2011

On 01/11/11 19:21, Francois Armand wrote:
> On 31/10/2011 20:49, Jean Rémond wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems impossible to manage the rudder server through the web
>> interface.
>> Is it a technical limit ?
>
> You are quite right, for now it is not possible to manage the Rudder
> server with itself. It is not a technical limit, but it was a
> behaviour choice we did a long time ago, when Rudder wasn't looking as
> what it is now.
>
> We have recently considered the possibility to add Rudder
> self-management feature, but for now, we didn't set a timeline for it.

By the way, I'd just like to add that the Rudder server is managed by
CFEngine, even though it is not configurable in the web interface at
this time. This means some services are setup and checked, as
configuration management best practices dictate :-) ("some" is not
"all", unfortunately, though)

Jonathan

Jonathan CLARKE
CTO - Directeur technique