[rudder-users] How to manage rudder server

Jonathan CLARKE jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Wed Nov 2 00:21:38 CET 2011

On 01/11/11 19:37, Jean Rémond wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Francois Armand
> <francois.armand at normation.com> wrote:
>> On 31/10/2011 20:49, Jean Rémond wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It seems impossible to manage the rudder server through the web interface.
>>> Is it a technical limit ?
>> You are quite right, for now it is not possible to manage the Rudder server
>> with itself. It is not a technical limit, but it was a behaviour choice we
>> did a long time ago, when Rudder wasn't looking as what it is now.
>>
>> We have recently considered the possibility to add Rudder self-management
>> feature, but for now, we didn't set a timeline for it.
>> A ticket opens by a member of the community for that very feature could rise
>> its priority a lot ;)
> I would like to open a ticket but I can not log in
> (http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/login) !
> I tried my username / password from the wiki.

Ah. I just looked into this... It seems we forgot to check the "public"
setting in Redmine!

As a result, all projects asked for authentication, and most people
could see nothing... I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!

I have now setup Redmine correctly, and you'll be able to see all
existing issues and create new ones. However, you will have to create a
specific account in Redmine, as the user database is not currently
linked with the wiki.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Jonathan

Jonathan CLARKE