[rudder-dev] Foreach all nodes FusionInventory reports in technics

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Tue Nov 25 10:05:35 CET 2014

On 24/11/2014 18:41, Benoit LAURENT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to foreach all nodes to check if a process is alive and
> generate a configuration dependee of a process,
> I search a variable who it is contains all nodes, is it possible ?
>
> Regards,
> Benoit
>
> PS : I check this page but I don't found it:
> http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/System/ContextedVariables

Hello Benoit,

You are right, there is not possibility - for now - to use inventory
properties as a parameter for directives.

But I'm not sure I understand correctly your use case: the process list
in the inventory is not really reliable, because it is only a snapshot
of what was running on the node at the time of the inventory, not an
actualized, realtime content of process.

So perhaps that if you want to do some configuration based on some
process, what you need is to lookto the technique builder (since Rudder
2.11). With that, you could build a technique checkink that a service is
running, and if so (or if not and restarted) do other action.

I Hope it helps, but don't hesitate to give any feedback, especially if
I didn't understood what you wanted to do.

Have a nice day!

*François ARMAND*
/Directeur de la R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55