[rudder-dev] HTTPS support in Rudder < 2.8

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Sun Nov 3 17:37:50 CET 2013

Hi there,

HTTPS support now works "out of the box" in Rudder 2.8 (see
http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog28#System_integration),
but I have a couple of questions about documentation for this features.

1) The current user manual in 2.8 version doesn't seem to mention this
at all. I assume it would be useful to at least explain how the
certificate is generated (ie, self-signed, will cause certificate trust
errors), and how to use your own certificate (in such a way that if you
edit the path in the config file it doesn't get wiped :) ).

Any opinions on this? Either way, a Pull Request would be appreciated :)

2) Should we add some documentation on how to set this up for pre-2.8
installs? Or should we not bother and just say "If you need HTTPS,
upgrade to 2.8"? I'm open to any opinions, please fire away :) And
again, a pull request would make this an easy choice ;)

Thanks for your opinions!
Jonathan