[rudder-dev] Quick links to /apt-nightly and /rpm-nightly

Francois francois.armand at normation.com
Tue Aug 27 15:57:13 CEST 2013

On 27/08/2013 15:50, Jonathan Clarke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that http://www.rudder-project.org/rpm-nightly/ and
> http://www.rudder-project.org/apt-nightly/ point to packages of nightly
> builds on the *2.6* branch.
>
> This surprises me somewhat, as I assimilate nightly builds with
> "bleeding edge" code, whereas 2.6 is our stable version. I would have
> expected these URLs to point to 2.7 nightlies - the latest packages
> basically.
>
> What do others think? Should we change this to point to 2.7 nightlies
> instead?
>
> Jonathan

Well, without the error, I would have thought nightlies == master.  But,
nope, it should not be 2.6.

I'm not sur why it should not be "master" and only 2.7, or perhaps the
real question I'm wondering is "when the target change from 2.7 to 2.8
?" (as soon as branch 2.8 exists ?)

Thanks for noticing that.

Cheers,

--