[rudder-announce] [rudder-users] End-of-life for Rudder 5.0.*

Vincent Membré vincent at rudder.io
Fri Jul 17 11:37:01 CEST 2020

Dear Rudder users,

Farewell Rudder 5.0!

Rudder 5.0, has reached  EOL, which was set on *9th March 2020*.

The EOL announce was delayed due to the pandemic, and to ease upgrade
process we released a public 5.0.17 on the *23th April 2020*

Indeed, when Rudder 6.0.0 was released, in December 2020, we announced
[1] that security corrections and bug fixes would be provided on the
5.0.* series for a further 3 months, (and as said before, until the *9th
March 2020*).

We recommend that any installations still using 5.0 to be upgraded as
soon as possible to Rudder 6.1 (latest version) to enjoy new features
and ensure your Rudder server is based on a supported version.

Upgade documentation are available here:
https://docs.rudder.io/history/6.0/reference/6.0/installation/upgrade.html

Please note that we still provide fixes and packages for Rudder 5.0 for
users with a subscription https://www.rudder.io/en/pricing/subscription/

Read more about our versioning policy and maintenance periods
on:https://docs.rudder.io/reference/6.0/installation/versions.html#_rudder_versioning

Best regards,

[1] https://www.rudder.io/blog/rudder-6-0-ux-secops/, at the end of the post

--