[rudder-announce] Release 6.0.0 is out \o/

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at rudder.io
Tue Dec 10 16:58:55 CET 2019

Dear Rudder community,

We are very proud to announce that we have just released a new version:
Rudder 6.0.0.

Major new features of Rudder 6.0 will include:

  *

          New reporting protocol:https-based protocol to replace syslog
          and provides a more secure and enhanced reporting

  *

          Security:consistent node certificates, reporting through https
          among other changes

  *

          Technique editor:Completely revamped technique editor UX and
          added the ability to attach files (like configuration file
          templates) to techniques, inventory variable available

  *

          Polishing the web interface: Notifications, new Node details,
          description displayed as markdown, improved tables (technical
          logs), server side table pagination (event logs, for now)

  *

          Other UX improvements:rework Rudder server packaging  server
          to have fewer package, ‘rudder package’ command for plugins,
          trigger agent run directly in UI, ...

  *

          Internals:New internal component (relayd), rewrote backend
          with a new framework (ZIO), Download initial policies from
          Rudder server

  *

          Plugins:New security oriented plugins (available on-demand
          until stable release):

        Vulnerability (CVE) Management: Allow to check and list
        vulnerabilities against CVEs

        CIS rules package:  Security rules and audit based on CIS
        recommandations

        OpenSCAP: Run OpenSCAP and gather result in Rudder UI

This version of Rudder is a final release. We have tested it thoroughly
and believe it to be free of any major bugs.

We recommend to not upgrade 5.0 production systems immediately and wait
for few releases to ensure its reliability, especially because of
upgrade issues: https://issues.rudder.io/issues/16360 or
https://issues.rudder.io/issues/16384. However, we encourage new
environments, labs and test setup to use Rudder 6.0 to enjoy new features.

More details and installation/upgrade procedures can be found in the
changelog:

https://docs.rudder.io/changelogs/6.0/index.html

We look forward to your feedback on:

https://twitter.com/rudderio