[rudder-announce] Rudder 4.1 and 4.3 End-Of-Life dates and lifecycle policy update

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at normation.com
Mon Nov 5 12:42:46 UTC 2018

Dear Rudder users,As Rudder 5.0 final release was announced on the 11th
October 2018, we set up dates for 4.1 and 4.3 end-of-life.

  *

    Following our lifecycle policy, we planned Rudder 4.3 end-of-life 3
    months after 5.0 release, on the 11th January 2019.

  *

    We also planned an 4.1 ESR end-of-life 6 months after 5.0 release,
    on the 11th April 2019.

  *

    Rudder 5.0 and further versions will now all follow our general
    policy of maintaining releases 3 months after next release, and the
    ESR tag disappears

Why there is no next ESR announced?

We want to simplify Rudder maintenance lifecycle, and ease the choice of
which version to install (“Should I keep on an ESR or should I install
latest version?”).

This will allow us to give more focus on our latest version to make it
more robust, with more time spent on fixing bugs. You will find more
details on why we changed our policy and which new features Rudder 5.0
brings on our blog: http://www.normation.com/en/blog/2018/10/10/rudder-5-0/

If you want to keep a slower upgrade pace, with release support up to 24
months, you can get long term maintenance with a Rudder subscription
which also includes editor support and plugins. Discover the
subscription here: https://www.normation.com/en/rudder/subscription/

If you want to read more about our versioning policy and current
lifecycle of our releases, you can read more here on
http://bit.ly/Rudder-FAQ-Rudder-versioningBest Regards
*Logo Normation Vincent Membré*
/Developer / Release manager/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87, Rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Phone: 	+33 (0)1 84 16 06 00
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 10 14 76 78