[rudder-announce] Migration issues from 2.4 to 2.5.1

Nicolas Perron nicolas.perron at normation.com
Wed Apr 17 12:36:12 CEST 2013

Hello community,

We discourage all users to migrate from Rudder 2.4 to 2.5.1 (the latest
version released) since we have found a bug
(http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/3462) which prevent Rudder
to generate CFEngine promises for its nodes and refuse them to make any
update of promises.

This bug impacts only the migration (a new install won't suffer from
this bug), and exists only for 2.5.1 version.
Those who upgraded from 2.4 to 2.5.0, then 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 won't suffer
from this bug.

This bug is be fixed in the next release (2.5.2) which will be made As
Soon As Possible (read, later today).

Nicolas PERRON
Normation
87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France