[rudder-announce] Rudder 2.4.0~beta4 available!

Jonathan Clarke jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Wed Sep 5 19:38:31 CEST 2012

We are proud to announce the availability of new version of Rudder,
2.4.0~beta4.

This is a minor release to fix bugs identified in 2.4.0~beta3.

***** Bug fixes *****

     IP addresses are now updated from incoming inventories again (#2811)
     Adding group criteria no longer resets the existing criteria (#2841)
     Users with read-only access can no longer add new Techniques to the
Techniques User Library (#2796)
     Users with read-only access can no longer clone Groups and
update/delete Group categories (#2849)
     Reporting was incomplete for the system Technique "distribute
policy" used on the root server (#2755)
     Installing the rudder-reports package could fail with an error
about "Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix
domain socket" (#2835)
     /etc/init.d/rudder-server-root failed to start/stop/restart Apache
on RHEL/CentOS systems (#2852)
     Upgrading Rudder from an older version would fail if the rootpw in
slapd.conf was hashed (#2821)
     The logrotate script installed on SLES 11 Rudder server's was
incorrect (#2820)
     Upgrading a Rudder server from 2.3.x to 2.4.x on RPM systems didn't
remove the rudder-cfengine-community package (#2806)

***** Changes *****

     Various UI improvements (#2824, #2746, #2776, #2832, #2847, #2752)
     Various code improvements (#2762, #2773, #2771, #2808, #1971)
     Add logrotate configuration for
/var/log/rudder/core/rudder-webapp.log (#2800)

***** Installing, upgrading and testing *****

Install and Upgrade documentation is available at
http://www.rudder-project.org/rudder-doc-2.4/. We also recommend using
the Rudder Vagrant config if you want a quick and easy way to get an
installation for testing - see https://github.com/normation/rudder-vagrant/.

***** Release notes *****

This software is in beta status. We have tested it thoroughly and
believe it to be free of any majors bugs, but use on production systems
at this time is not encouraged and is at your own risk. We are however
running it successfully on our internal production system.

***** Contributors *****

Special thanks go out to the following individuals who invested time,
patience, testing, patches or bug reports to make this version of Rudder
awesome:

     Ade Bradshaw
     Michael Gliwinski (Henderson Group)

We are impatient to hear your feedback, be it comments on this blog,
questions on Twitter, bug reports or feature requests or even GitHub
pull requests :)