Rudder - IT automation made easy!
Rudder is an easy to use, web-driven, role-based solution for IT Infrastructure Automation & Compliance.
The workflow offers different users options at their own level:
- Non-expert users can define parameters in a central console, and Rudder will automatically make sure that your IT services are installed, configured, running and in good healt. All actions (checks, warnings, fixed errors...) are reported upon immediately in the user interface, keeping drift from nominal behaviour low.
- Expert users can configure how to implement these parameters on different systems, or build upon the pre-defined library provided.
- Managers can consult compliance reports and access audit logs.
Rudder combines the power of some of the best-of-breed open source tools in the field, adding reporting and higher level features to keep an eye on your IT: the CFEngine
configuration management agent, the FusionInventory
hardware and software analysis tool, reporting and higher level features to keep an eye on your information system. Rudder's web interface is developed in Scala
with the Lift web framework
Rudder is open source
- we welcome ideas, comments, criticism, patches and any other contributions!
- Automate common system administration tasks (installation, configuration)
- Enforce configuration over time (configuring once is good, ensuring that configuration is valid and automatically fixing it is better)
- Inventory of all managed nodes
- Web interface to configure and manage nodes and their configuration
- Compliance reporting, by configuration and/or by node